Tuesday, September 28, 2010

a new home for all the 1,000's of beads

heywell ladies, if you all dont know me ,  i am  shara , a handmade beaded jewelry designer & In october 2009 I began my journey into the world of designing~ creating unique beaded~ silver jewelry  & opened southern starr designs jewelry shoppe online and locally in mobile/dauphin island ,alabama.  Oh  my as I look back I remember buying my 1st lot of beads, pendants, stringing materials & tools &  i was so happy & proud of my new collection of all that, and how well organized my small work area was in my home, my husband who knew i needed a work bench went to the garage to make me a bench to work on & I was so excited & pleased when he presented me with a beautiful Large glass top & wooden work bench,  large enough i thought at the time to contain all my treasured 100 +beads... well as we all know us crafters can be quiet obsessive with our collection's of well needed supplys, so i recently realized when i merged my jewelry business w/a close older woman friend, we decided to blend our loves for shopping~ crafting~ house hold decor items, wall hangings of beautiful unique photos in frames i make too & her love for collecting & selling childrens clothes& used furniture & of course my handmade jewelry to sell at our newly opened business named "Two Spunky Ladies Thrifty Treasure Cottage" well as i was carrying my bead collection i realized how creative i have actually been w/storing my beads I have approx: 150 old prescription bottles w/tags on them w/bead color & size, I have old pretty perfume bottles holding my precious beads, I have glass bacon bit bottles & my recent addition is ,  i had bought a garden plaque that came in a heavy styrofoam square holder w/4 cut out spots in it, that i can stick my pliers in~ my glue tube, and have plenty of room for 8-10 of my pill bottles & jars in  &  also plenty of area to work my design that i am currently working on too... so i dont have beads rolling all over floor and having my "sweet husband"  asking me to come pry it out of his heel lol !  I now have 2 of them that,  I use to make my jewelry in & also carry to room to room when working while away from my beloved beautiful bench hubby made me!  so i guess what i am saying is that my bead holders are as unique as my handmade jewelry & my jewelry designing has also helped bring out the creative side of my new strange homes for all my treasured beads, so ladies ya dont have to fall into buying them expensive cases, get creative and make your own, use your imagination so ya wont be scrambled wondering where the heck did i put them favorite beads ya want to work with now, you can go to the spice rack and see all your jars & bottles of beads in 1 spot, so now ya dont have to waste time ya can get to creating more w/that extra time !

2 comments:

  1. Great way to save money by reusing what you already have at home to store your beads. Very creative. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It surely is a plus... especially due to the money that goes into buying my supplies to design with.Any small item that can be Up-cycled is a great bonus to me.I am Now trying to open my jewelry shoppe Here in My Home,So creativty is Really A must! Not only do I have to make (Not alot) of space into a warm, appealing room for my customers to feel relaxed in while shopping & to be able to Have access to seeing All of my large collection. on that Note I am off again to work on my home shoppe again on this gorgeous 75 degree day here in sunny southern Alabama. so till my next post i wish you all contentment & happiness thru your days too ! ****shara *****

    ReplyDelete